Think all Windows gadgets have to be pale facsimiles of their desktop counter parts? Think again. Tweetz gives you the the power of a desktop application with the convenience and fun of a gadget.
Because tweetz is a Windows Sidebar gadget it stays on your desktop where it’s always available. And if you’re a fan of Windows 7’s Aero Peek, you’re going to love tweetz. Simply move your mouse over the “Show Desktop” bar at any time to reveal your gadgets, including tweetz, and read your tweets.
- Home timeline
- Mentions timeline
- Direct Messages
- OAuth authentication protects your twitter account
- Single click access to user profiles
- Click #tags to search
- Number of unread tweets shown in header
- Reverse lookup of shortened links (for most services)
- Docked and undocked sizes
- Link shortener (uses http://is.gd for the shortest links)
- Optional font sizes
- Audible notification of new status updates (configurable)
- Configuarble intervals
- Uses new twitter 2.0 API for increased security
- Clean, concise UI with small desktop footprint
- Adjustable height
- On demand refreshes
- Hot keys to shorten links and send tweets
Tweetz also respects the gadget guidelines. The docked version (pictured right) is 130 pixels wide and plays with other “docked” gadgets correctly. Want more realestate? No problem, the undocked version is wider and also displays the user’s picture.