You can find others on Twitter by:
- Typing a name into the search box on your homepage
- Typing a Twitter username directly into your browser (e.g. http://twitter.com/oprah)
- Browsing lists of accounts related to your interests (e.g. Sports, Science, Politics…)
- Importing contacts from your email address book to see who’s on Twitter
- Browse suggestions we’ve generated for you
To Find People by Name
The easiest way to find people is by typing their name into the search box at the top of your Twitter homepage. Results for your search will show up in two places, as shown below in a search for Oprah:
- In the middle of the page, under the “People” tab
- At the top right of your page, followed by a “More people results” link.
To Browse Accounts by Interest
You can also find cool new accounts to follow by browsing lists containing the best accounts related to a subject. To do this:
- At the bottom of the “Who to follow”recommendations, click the “Browse interests” button.
- You’ll land on a page containing a list of interest, from Entertainment to Sports to Science. Click your interest.
- If you see an account you think looks interesting, follow directly from that page. They’ll be added to your “following” list.
To Find Friends Using Your Email Address Book
Entering your email information on the Find People pages can look up who in your address book is on Twitter. It’s a good way to find a bunch of your friends quickly. To do this:
- At the bottom of the “Who to follow”recommendations, click the “Find friends” button as shown in the picture above.
- On the next page, click which email provider you use.
- Enter your email address and password to securely connect to your email address book and click submit.
- From the next page, you can follow users individually, or click to follow all.
To Browse Our Suggestions
Based on your friends and interests, we suggest accounts we think you would like to follow. To peruse these suggestions, follow these steps:
- At the bottom of the “Who to follow”recommendations, click the “View all suggestions” button.
- On the next page, you’ll see a list of suggestions we’ve generated for you. Click to follow any of these users, or click their username to learn more about them.
Note: If you do not appear in the top shown results when searching for yourself by name, you can still be found by clicking the “More people results” link on the right panel of your page.
Please keep in mind that some searches for general terms will not show users with the initial search results because there are not enough relevant accounts related to the search.