Twitter has finally announced the introduction of ‘Brand Pages’! This is great news for businesses looking to boost their online profiles and connect with customers, however it’s a kick in the teeth for the likes of Facebook and Google +.
Enhanced profile pages:
These new brand pages are all part of the enhanced profile options that are featured on the new version of Twitter. Great for helping you to take your brand to the next level and communicate more effectively with your target audience.
- Twitter is now one of the most effective ways for people to communicate and stay in touch with the latest news, trends and promotions.
- If you have a new product or you want to let your customers know about any special events for your business then Twitter is a great place to generate interest.
- Your followers will be instantly updated with any new Tweets you feature on your brand page.
- Followers will also be able to visit your brand page and find out more about who you are and what you do.
- With the new enhanced profile pages, it is now possible to use larger header images. This in itself is a very welcome addition and will assist greatly when displaying your business logo, brand colours, tagline and key sales message.
- These spaces are fully customisable so you can make sure your brand stands out from the crowd at a glance.
- Setting up a brand page on Twitter is free.
- With over 250 million members, you really can’t afford to ignore the possibilities.
Target your tweets:
- The promoted tweet at the top of your brand page will also appear in auto-expand.
- This means that any photo or video link attachment can be seen instantly. Helping to create even more impact for your top tweet.
- Top brand names are already making use of the new Twitter brand pages. Check out Coca Cola, Dell, Disney, American Express, Subway, Chevrolet, Nike and more.
As well as promoting the big brand names the Twitter team also appear to have a social conscience. The team have ensured that Twitter also offers lots of free promotional tools for non-profit organisations and charities.
- Twitter have unveiled a worthy ‘Ads for Good’ programme. This offers free advertising for charities and non-profit organisations.
- This includes enhanced profile pages and advertising for top organisations such as the Red Cross, Gaffta and Room to Read.
- Also included in this programme are special grants to help organizations on Twitter’s home turf in San Francisco.
Twit’s definitely the way to go!
Matt is Head of Search for Electric Dialogue, a London-based SEO Agency. He writes on a broad range of topics, including: social media, SEO, travel and airport lounges (for one of his clients) and about his favourite steak restaurants in London! This article was written by a guest author. Would you like to write for us?