It is always better to prevent than to cure, as an old saying goes, this one applying as well to computer security as it does with any other field. Everyone using a computer connected to internet knows that this device can be exposed to virus and malware attack even when least expected. Knowing all these, you should do your best in finding ways to keep your computer protected. One of the constant threats that seem to stand the test of time and anti-malware tools is Zeus. This one is frequently used by criminals to steal information online.
The following tools can be used in order to help you stay protected:
- The ones using Windows should be aware of the efficiency of Microsoft Security Essentials software. You can get this one for free being able to easily incorporate in the Windows OS. More than this, automatic updates can be installed that will keep you updated.
- Another tool that is very popular among computer users is BitDefender that comes with versions for Linux and Windows. This one can contain additional products for small office users and home users.
- Avira AntiVir system is another product that is not very popular with many users; it can be found for free and under paid version as well. Some reviews describe this system as a very efficient one since many viruses have been detected which have been overlooked by other famous antivirus tools.
- ClamAV is used as a product for those who maintain or host email gateways based on Linux. Lately this product will come also for the Windows version.
- Another antivirus and rootkit tool for your computer security is Avast, which is offered for free, but comes as well with paid version once you need additional characteristics presented with it.
- CheckPoint Software Technologies has bought a few years ago an antivirus product called ZoneAlarm because they have found it a helpful tool for providing the needed firewall while a desktop security product was added to it. The features included in ZoneAlarm are quite impressive, not to mention that recently new features were added one of them being known as DataLock. Through this feature, your computer’s data become inaccessible to unauthorized users. DataLock will encrypt data in the event of theft or loss.
- iAntivirus is another antivirus tool provided for Mac OS X users helping them to ensure computer security against spyware. It is the more appealing that it comes for free, although for using it within your business you would have to pay for its version. Computers operating in Mac do get infected although many would like to believe that is practically impossible. Therefore it is always recommended to better stay protected rather than trying to fix the problem after this one manifests already with your system, especially that this one comes with little expense.